idw - Informationsdienst
02/13/2009 - 02/14/2009 | Tuebingen
CHILDREN'S UNIVERSITIES - THE IDEA CAPTURES EUROPE
International Children's University Conference:
Official start of the European Children's Universities Network EUCU.NET
13th and 14th February 2009 at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen/Germany
The first Children's University lecture ever was held at the University of Tübingen in Germany in 2002. Practically at the same time, similar concepts were followed at the Universities of Innsbruck and Vienna in Austria as well as in Bratislava in Slovakia. From the start, these events were a huge success with the children, the accompanying adults and the media at large. Since the summer of 2003, an enormous wave of new foundations of Children's Universities began. In the meantime there are more than 200 Children's Universities all over Europe.
Now the networking of Children's Universities on a European scale is imminent: Under the Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7) the European Commission launched the EU project "European Children's Universities Network (EUCU.NET)"
Project partners are the organizers of five well-established Children's Universities: Vienna University Children's Office (AT, Coordinator), Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen (DE), University of Basel (CH), University Louis Pasteur Strasbourg (FR), Max Reinhardt Foundation Bratislava (SK) as well as the software company "unsere neue couch" (DE). Further information is available at www.eucu.net
The European Children's Universities Network is directed towards all parties interested in the idea of the Children's University and offers the following support structures:
- Existing Children's Universities receive a platform for the exchange of ideas, know-how and experience as well as for learning from best-practice examples;
- Institutions, organizations and people, who are planning Children's university activities get support and advice;
- Everyone who is interested in Science communication to children and teenagers can obtain information and participate in the network.
The official start of this network will take place at the International Children's University Conference "Children's University - The idea captures Europe" on the 13th and 14th February 2009 at the University of Tübingen/Germany.
According to the network the International EUCU.NET-Conference on Children's Universities is directed towards already existing Children's Universities as well as towards all parties (in-/directly) involved and interested in the ideas of the Children's University.
The conference is directed especially towards the networking of institutions, organizations and persons who up until now have never organized Children's University but who are planning to set-up one in the near future. For them EUCU.NET offers a special support by building so-called "Mentoring partnerships" with well-established/ experienced Children's Universities.
The Conference Program incorporates and focuses on the following
- Lectures: in which the idea of the Children's University is viewed from different perspectives in relation to its position in academic communication and education.
- Presentation: both the project EUCU.NET and its achievements to date and its current state of research.
- Workshops: on not only chosen Children's University aspects of organisation and implementation but also and most importantly on discussion of open issues and development of new questions area: such as about the benefits of Children's Universities, how to reach all children, i.e. girls and boys, children and teenagers and especially underprivileged groups; as well as questions regarding aspects of evaluation.
- A chance for informal discussion among the participants.
Further information on www.eucu.net/conference
Information on participating / attending:
02/13/2009 - 02/14/2009
Universität Tübingen, Neue Aula, Wilhelmstr. 7, D-72074 Tuebingen
all interested persons
Media and communication sciences, Teaching / education
Types of events:
Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/en/event25163
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).