Concepts from molecular, systems and synthetic biology and engineering will have to be combined for the development of efficient biotechnological processes. The summer school was devised to familiarize both biologists and engineers with relevant molecular biological methods and modeling and engineering tools from systems and synthetic biology. The courses on current topics, given by young experts, consist of lectures, workshops and tutorials for hands-on experience with state-of-the-art tools:
• Basic and Novel Cloning and Genetic Engineering Techniques (Golden Gate, Aqua Cloning, CRISPR/Cas9)
• Tools for Synthetic Biology (NGS, Minimal Cells, Chassis Organisms, High Throughput Screening and Automatization)
• Metabolic Engineering and Industrial Bioprocesses in the Age of Synthetic Biology (Synthetic Circuits, Omics Technologies)
• Systems Biology for Strain Optimization and Characterization (Modelling and Statistics)
• Synthetic Enzymatic Cascades and Pathway Design (in-vitro Reaction Cascades)
There will be ample opportunity for networking and a visit to the gene synthesis site of Thermo Fisher Scientific/Geneart GmbH in Regensburg.
Information on participating / attending:
09/11/2017 - 09/15/2017
Scientists and scholars, Students
Biology, Chemistry, Mechanical engineering
Types of events:
Seminar / workshop / discussion
Dr. Kathrin Rübberdt
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/en/event57703
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).