CISCEM aims at bringing together an interdisciplinary group of scientists
from the fields of biology, materials science, chemistry, and physics, to discuss
future directions of in-situ electron microscopy research.Topics will include
nanoscale studies of biological samples, and functional materials under realistic or
near realistic conditions, for example, in gaseous environments, at elevated
temperatures, and in liquid. It will be discussed how dynamical processes can be
studied by including the time domain in electron microscopy, while taking into
account the electron beam effects. CISCEM is also open to other in-situ techniques, such as light microscopy, X-ray, near field or scanning probe microscopy, with the view to stimulate fruitful discussions on multi-scale and correlative approaches.
• Prof. Bob Sinclair, Stanford University, USA
• Prof. Lawrence F. Allard, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
• Prof. Nigel Browning, University of Liverpool, UK
• Dr. Lucy Collinson, The Francis Crick Institute, UK
• Dr.-Ing. Tim Dahmen, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, Saarbrücken, Germany
• Dr. Indra Navina Dahmke, INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials, Germany
• Dr. Radostin Danev, University of Tokyo, Japan
• Dr. Arnaud Demortière, CNRS / Université de Picardie Jules Verne, France
• Dr. Sarah Haigh, University of Manchester, UK
• Dr. Stig Helveg, Haldor Topsøe, Denmark
• Prof. R. J. Dwayne Miller, Max Planck Institute for the Structure and Dynamics of Matter, Germany
• Ass. Prof. Jaysen Nelayah, CNRS / Diderot University, Paris, France
• Dr. Joe Patterson, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
• Prof. Erdmann Spiecker, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
• Ass. Prof. Taylor Woehl, University of Maryland, USA
- Prof. Dr. Niels de Jonge, INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials, Saarbrücken, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Kristian Molhave, Denmark Technical University, Lyngby, Denmark
- Dr. Damien Alloyeau, CNRS / Université Paris Diderot-Paris 7, France
Information on participating / attending:
- Regular Participants: 250.00 €
- Students: 125.00 €
10/10/2018 09:00 - 10/12/2018 14:00
Conference Room 20
Scientists and scholars, Students
Biology, Chemistry, Materials sciences, Medicine, Physics / astronomy
Types of events:
Conference / symposium / (annual) conference
Dr. Carola Jung
Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/en/event60971
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).