The International Conference on Uncertainty in Risk Analysis brings together internationally recognised leaders in theoretical and applied uncertainty analysis with a focus on the areas of food safety, environmental health, occupational health, animal health and plant health.
The conference will be a forum for discussing the science behind uncertainty analysis and show case of best practices in conducting and communicating uncertainty analysis as well as for addressing uncertainty in decision making.
Networking and sharing experience at the conference is anticipated to enhance the mutual understanding and interaction of partners in risk analysis and support and enhance the practice of uncertainty analysis.
The conference is a two-day event with preconference workshops and will be composed of invited and submitted talks, poster sessions and interactive sessions.
It will feature a wide range of topics including:
- Uncertainty from a cognitive science point of view (cognitive perspective on belief; knowledge and uncertainty; epistemic logic; cognitive biases; perspectives of philosophy and psychology)
- Methods for uncertainty analysis (judgements; subjective probabilities; qualitative, quantitative and tiered approaches; uncertainty in evidence from individual and aggregated studies; systematic review; publication bias; lack of reproducibility; weight of evidence; sensitivity analysis)
- Communication of uncertainties (documentation and visualisation of uncertainties; perception of risk and uncertainty; target-oriented communication; education; lessons-learnt; dealing with fear and mistrust; communication strategies)
- Accounting for uncertainty in decision making (impact on risk management and regulation; decision theory; lessons-learnt; precautionary principle)
- Dialogues on uncertainty in an open society (knowledge brokering; roles of players in science, management, politics, democracy, stakeholders; global governance; conflicting interests; instrumentalisation of uncertainties; reproducibility crisis)
Information on participating / attending:
Abstracts for posters can be submitted online until January 28, 2019.
Registration for the workshops on Wednesday, February 20, is closed.
Conference website at EFSA
02/21/2019 09:00 - 02/22/2019 17:30
German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment
Diedersdorfer Weg 1
Journalists, Scientists and scholars
Media and communication sciences, Nutrition / healthcare / nursing, Philosophy / ethics, Psychology, Social studies
Types of events:
Conference / symposium / (annual) conference, Presentation / colloquium / lecture, Seminar / workshop / discussion
Dr. Suzan Fiack
Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/en/event62608
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).