Magnetoelectric sensors can be used in both industrial and medical/biological applications. Sensors currently developed within the framework of Collaborative Research Center 1261 “Magnetoelectric Sensors: From Composite Materials to Biomagnetic Diagnostics”, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), aim at the detection of biomagnetic signals from the brain, heart, nerves and magnetically labeled cells. Additional applications, according to the needs of industry, are considered for future funding periods.
From 19-21 August 2019 the CRC will hold an international summer school covering the topics
• Sensor concepts, fabrication, characterization, modeling, benchmarking
• Sensor array building and design
• Measurement electronics
• Signal processing
• Forward/inverse problems and sensor fusion
• Medical diagnostics
The 3-day schedule of the Summer School includes:
• Talks by invited speakers, including experts from industry
• Laboratory visits within the Faculty of Engineering: Kiel Nanolab, magnetically shielded
room, facilities of the Departments of Materials Science and Electrical Engineering
• Soft skills courses for improving interdisciplinary and intercultural skills
• Participants will be asked to present their work as a poster or in a short talk
• Poster award for the best poster
• Participants will have the possibility to network with representatives of Kiel University
The Summer School 2019 will take place at Kiel University (Germany), founded in 1665. The city is located on the shores of the Baltic Sea. In addition to its scientific prowess, the city of Kiel is renowned for its big sailing events, beautiful beaches and numerous festivals. Additionally, the city offers many opportunities for cultural tours and outdoor activities.
Information on participating / attending:
Please apply by sending the following documents in one pdf document
• a short CV
• a brief description of maximum one page that describes why you want to attend the summer school
• an abstract about your scientific research
The summer school is open for submissions. Participants must cover their own travel costs, the CRC 1261 covers the accommodation costs. There are no conference fees. There will be 30 places for external participants. If there are more applications, the participants will be selected according to their motivation letters and their abstracts.
08/19/2019 - 08/21/2019
Scientists and scholars
Electrical engineering, Materials sciences, Medicine
Types of events:
Conference / symposium / (annual) conference
Dr. Boris Pawlowski
Presse, Kommunikation und Marketing
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/en/event64283
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).