The third Dresden Nexus Conference (DNC2020) will be held unter the umbrella “Circular Economy in a Sustainable Society”. DNC2020 aims to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable economy by focusing on identifying and discussing the concepts that nexus thinking offers to support the transition towards a circular economy. The Nexus Approach as well as the concept of circular economy have the potential to contribute to the achievement of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations. The conference aims to show ways in which the Nexus Approach can help to support the transition towards a circular economy. Like the previous events in the series, DNC2020 aims to bridge the gap between research and practice.
The conference will be offered entirely virtually and free of charge.
Further information on the full virtual programme are available via DNC2020 website: https://2020.dresden-nexus-conference.org/
The following experts from science and practice will enrich the conference as keynote speakers:
- David M. Malone, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and Rector of the United Nations University
- Raimund Bleischwitz, Chair of Sustainable Global Resources at the University College London (UCL) and Director of the UCL Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources (BSEER)
- Sasha Koo-Oshima, Deputy Director of the Land & Water Division at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Brendan Edgerton, Director of Circular Economy at the World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Christina Dornack, Chair of and Head of the Institute of Waste Management and Circular Economy at TU Dresden
Information on participating / attending:
The DNC2020 will be offered entirely virtually.
The participation is free of charge.
To join the virtual DNC2020, participants need to register on the conference website.
Delegates who paid fees for the original conference format will receive a full refund automatically.
06/03/2020 09:00 - 06/05/2020 18:00
takes place completely virtually
Business and commerce, Scientists and scholars
Construction / architecture, Economics / business administration, Environment / ecology, Social studies, Zoology / agricultural and forest sciences
Types of events:
Conference / symposium / (annual) conference
Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/en/event65762
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).