The complex social, political, economic and environmental issues of today and the exponential rise of digital technology pose new challenges to societies and enterprises worldwide - and thus to universities as well. They need to respond to these developments today by educating and training the experts, specialists, and leaders of tomorrow. The underlying long-lasting trends - globalization, interdisciplinarity, digitalization, sustainability - have been fuelled and accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Challenging times call for innovative measures. New approaches to teaching, research, and international collaboration are continuously reshaping the landscapes of higher education. The conference shall provide a platform to present, discuss, and share such innovative ideas, concepts, experiences, and best practices for the future.
Questions to be addressed might include the following:
- What are the critical skills and areas of competence for tomorrow and how can we teach them most appropriately?
- How can a higher education system unleash the full potential of its learners?
- How can we meet the global challenges such as sustainability and digitalization as institutions of higher education?
- Where can we build alliances across and beyond universities?
- How can we sustain and strengthen university partnerships and collaborative efforts in times of climate change and limited mobility?
Distinguished keynote speakers will enrich the conference and stimulate the discussion.
Talks will be assigned 30-minute time slots with about 20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for questions and discussion
Information on participating / attending:
11/04/2021 10:00 - 11/04/2021 19:00
Scientists and scholars
Types of events:
Conference / symposium / (annual) conference
Referat für Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/en/event70049
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).