The KONVENS conference (Conference on Natural Language Processing) will be held in Ingolstadt from September 18 to 22 at the Ingolstadt University of Technology (THI). This is a scientific conference that addresses a specialist audience from science and industry. Every year, research results in the fields of computational linguistics and language technology are presented and discussed at various locations.
This year's program will again offer a variety of workshops and tutorials for researchers, PhD students and undergraduates:
- KONVENS Teach4NLP: Workshop aimed at bringing together all those interested in teaching NLP/CL at university, industry or college level.
- PhD Networking Event
- GermEval Shared Task on Speaker Attribution (evaluation deadline end of July).
- Tutorial Learning from Task Instructions by Wenpeng Yin and Hinrich Schütze
- Workshop on Linguistic Insights from and for Multimodal Language Processing
- Workshop on Computational Linguistics for Political and Social Sciences (CPSS 2023) of the GSCL SIG Computational Linguistics for Political and Social Sciences.
Three speakers have also accepted the invitation to Ingolstadt to present their findings in keynotes:
- Prof. Dr. Hinrich Schütze, Professor, LMU Munich
- Dr. Ivana Kruijff-Korbayová, head of research, development and transfer at the German Center for Rescue Robotics (DRZ).
- Dr. Marc Schulder, an emerging talent, will report on his work on NLP for sign languages.
There will also be an accompanying entertaining evening program. All information about the conference can be found at https://www.thi.de/konvens-2023/ .
The conference is organized by various sponsors from German-speaking countries: the German Society for Computational Linguistics and Language Technology, the Special Interest Group Computational Linguistics of the German Linguistic Society, the Austrian Society for Artificial Intelligence, and SwissText.
Information on participating / attending:
Early bird tickets are now available until August 18, regular tickets can be purchased until August 31:
09/18/2023 08:30 - 09/22/2023 17:30
Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt,
Scientists and scholars, Students
Types of events:
Conference / symposium / (annual) conference
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/en/event74851
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).