idw - Informationsdienst
05/04/2021 - 05/07/2021 | Saarbrücken
A new paradigm in material synthesis is emerging, in which living cells are incorporated into non-living matter to augment it with programmable, life-like capabilities. This results from the integration of synthetic biology tools in materials research and promises to deliver a whole new generation of high-performance material systems. Engineered Living Materials open new avenues for more sustainable material production and advanced property combinations like integrated multifunctionality, adaptability, resilience, or evolvability.
Leibniz ScienceCampus "Living Therapeutic Materials"
- Aránzazu del Campo, INM - Leibniz Institute for New Materials, Saarbrücken, DE
- Wilfried Weber, BIOSS, University of Freiburg, DE
- Shrikrishnan Sankaran, INM - Leibniz Institute for New Materials, Saarbrücken, DE
- Alptekin Aksan, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Hal Alper, The University of Texas at Austin, TX, USA
- Katja Bühler, Helmholtz Center for Environmental Research, Leipzig, Germany
- Knut Drescher, Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Marburg, Germany
- Tom Ellis, Imperial College London, UK
- Tobias Erb, Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Marburg, Germany
- Barbara Gerratana, European Innovation Council and SME Executive Agency (EISMEA), Brussels, Belgium
- Oskar Hallatschek, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
- Elvin Karana, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands
- Mustafa Khammash, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Jinyao Liu, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Timothy K. Lu, MIT Biological Engineering, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Berenike Maier, University of Cologne, Germany
- João Mano, University of Aveiro, Portugal
Alshakim Nelson, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
- Henrike Niederholtmeyer, Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Marburg, Germany
- Uwe Schröder, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Germany
- Avi Schroeder, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
- Jens Timmer, BIOSS, University of Freiburg, Germany
- Taylor H. Ware, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA
- Seraphine Wegner, Univerity of Muenster, Germany
- Linchong You, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
- Cordt Zollfrank, Technical University Munich, German
Information on participating / attending:
Participation is free of charge.
Registration via the conference website; the number of participants is limited to 250.
05/04/2021 12:45 - 05/07/2021 16:00
Scientists and scholars
Biology, Chemistry, Materials sciences, Medicine
Types of events:
Conference / symposium / (annual) conference
Presse- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/en/event68397
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).