idw - Informationsdienst
11/22/2021 - 11/26/2021 | Berlin
Collaborative Futures Academy is an intensive week-long online training run in collaboration between the University of Cambridge Public Engagement team, Wellcome Connecting Science, and the Berlin School of Public Engagement and Open Science (Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin).
Engaging the public with controversial issues is challenging, but important. Listening to and engaging with different views, ideas and concerns can bring real long term benefits to research and its impact on society. Researcher confidence is extremely important in fostering a successful culture of engagement and the Collaborative Futures Academy will provide the skills and confidence needed to connect with communities and to talk about difficult subjects.
The Collaborative Futures Academy themes include:
1. Equity, diversity and inclusion – where technology, thinking and language is evolving rapidly, how do we have constructive debates around subjects such as access to knowledge, gender, equality, race, ethnicity, culture and religion? What are the ethical and moral considerations we should be addressing? How do we address historic inequities in research where some voices have been excluded?
2. Personal skills and understanding – how do we manage our own reactions and emotions to protect our mental health and prevent conflict, offense and hurt? How do we manage the responses of others? We look at key communication and psychological strategies to support a culture of positive engagement and resilience.
3. Challenging content – we combine the expertise within the group with facilitation and training from subject specialists to learn the most effective ways of discussing the complexities and challenges of our research.
4. Digital identity – from branding ourselves, cyber identity, data protection and privacy to risk assessments, how do we navigate and communicate in the online world?
5. Collaboration – who are our key audiences and the professional stakeholders for our research? How do we work effectively with each group, ensuring people’s voices are heard and their perspectives, ideas and concerns understood so our work is improved and better received?
Information on participating / attending:
Are you ready to deliver insightful public engagement that puts equity, resilience and collaboration at its heart? Then come and join us for an exciting week at the Collaborative Futures Academy 2021!
The deadline for applications is 12 October 2021. Full details and the application form can be found: https://www.publicengagement.berlin/collaborative-futures-academy
If you have any questions about The Collaborative Futures Academy or how to apply, you can contact BerlinSchool@mfn.berlin
11/22/2021 09:00 - 11/26/2021 15:00
Museum für Naturkunde Berlin
Scientists and scholars
Types of events:
Seminar / workshop / discussion
Dr. Gesine Steiner
Event is free:
Language of the text:
URL of this event: http://idw-online.de/en/event69711
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).