8 Ministers from 7 countries at the World Health Summit 2017
Media Accreditation Available
The World Health Summit – one of the world’s most prominent strategic forums for global health – is being held from October 15-17 in Berlin. 2,000 participants from 100 countries are being expected. Speakers will include 8 Ministers, 2 Nobel Prize laureates and CEOs from the Private Sector and Civil Society:
- Adalberto Campos Fernandes (Minister of Health, Portugal)
- Awa Marie Coll-Seck (Minister of Health, Senegal)
- Raymonde Goudou Coffie (Minister of Health, Republic of Côte d'Ivoire)
- Hermann Gröhe (Federal Minister of Health, Germany)
- Seyed Hassan Hashemi (Minister of Health & Medical Education, Iran)
- Bernard Haufiku (Minister of Health, Namibia)
- Gerd Müller (Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany)
- Samba Ousmane Sow (Minister of Health and Public Hygiene, Mali)
- Elizabeth Blackburn (Nobel Prize laureate (2009), USA)
- Roger D. Kornberg (Nobel Prize laureate (2006), USA)
- Peter Albiez (CEO, Pfizer, Germany)
- Werner Baumann (CEO, Bayer, Germany)
- Oleg Chestnov (Assistant Director-General, WHO)
- Francesca Colombo (Head of Health Division, OECD, France)
- Thomas B. Cueni (Director General, IFPMA, Switzerland)
- Karl Max Einhäupl (CEO, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany)
- Christoph Franz (Chairman, Roche, Germany)
- Richard Hatchett (CEO, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, UK)
- Chikwe Ihekweazu (CEO, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, Nigeria)
- Neil Jordan (General Manager, Health Worldwide, Microsoft, USA)
- Thomas P. Laur (President, SAP Health, SAP SE, USA)
- Joanne Liu (International President, Doctors without Borders, Switzerland)
- Peter Maurer (President, International Committee of the Red Cross, Switzerland)
- HRH Princess Dina Mired (President-Elect, Union for International Cancer Control, Jordan)
- Michel Sidibé (Executive Director, UNAIDS, Switzerland)
- Elhadj As Sy (Secretary General, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Switzerland)
- Kevin Watkins (CEO,Save the Children UK)
The World Health Summit 2017 will be held from October 15-17 at Kosmos (Karl-Marx-Allee 131a) in Berlin. Under the high patronage of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker it is the premiere international platform for exploring strategic developments and decisions in the area of healthcare.
Central topics: Health Policy in the G7/G20, Vaccine Research and Development, Big Data for Health Governance, Global Health Security, Healthy and Resilient Cities, Creating Global Health Innovations with Africa, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Information on speakers and topics of the World Health Summit 2017:
The World Health Summit is open to media representatives:
Interview-requests are readily forwarded.
+49 30 450 572 114
Criteria of this press release:
Medicine, Nutrition / healthcare / nursing, Politics, Social studies
Organisational matters, Scientific conferences
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).