The international virtual conference Landscape 2021 of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) takes place 20 - 22 September 2021. The conference program focuses on the question of how a transformation of agriculture towards more climate resilience and sustainability can succeed.
The negative environmental effects, of intensive agriculture, such as damage to soils, bodies of water and ecosystems, as well economic uncertainty for farms, are no longer sustainable worldwide in view of the additional threat posed by climate change.
At the Landscape 2021 conference, more than 400 participants from 43 countries are discussing approaches that focus on diversification, or increasing diversity, in agriculture. The researchers' vision is of resilient and sustainable agriculture, characterized by high productivity with low consumption of resources, while at the same time preserving ecosystems and biodiversity in the landscape system and enabling new economic perspectives for farmers.
Media representatives are cordially invited to attend this virtual conference.
For press accreditation, please send an e-mail, as well as information about your professional affiliation to Sibylle Krickel: email@example.com
The conference language is English. The program of Landscape 2021 is scheduled in the CEST (UTC+02:00) timezone.
- Prof. Frank Ewert, Prof. Frank Ewert, Scientific Director Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg; Professor of Crop Science, University of Bonn (Germany)
- Prof. Peter Feindt, Professor of Agricultural and Food Policy, Humboldt University Berlin (Germany)
- Prof. Miranda Meuwissen, Professor of Risk Management in Food Supply Chains at Wageningen University (Netherlands)
- Douglas Landis, Professor of Entomology at Michigan State University (USA)
- Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg (Germany)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (Germany)
Prof. Katharina Helming
Co-Head of Research Area 3 -“Agricultural Landscape Systems”
Criteria of this press release:
Environment / ecology, Information technology, Nutrition / healthcare / nursing, Oceanology / climate, Zoology / agricultural and forest sciences
Press events, Scientific conferences
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).