Invitation: idw Award for Science Communication 2021
To foster excellence in Communications, Informationsdienst Wissenschaft (idw) awards the idw Award for Science Communication for press releases that distinguish themselves by their professional quality, outstanding news value and scientific importance (quality, relevance, originality). Quality will contribute 50 %, relevance 40 % and originality 10 % to the total assessment.
The winner will receive 2,000 € and a badge to be installed publicly which makes the achievement permanently visible. The second will receive 1,000 €, the third 500 €.
An expert jury will select the winners excluding the jurisdiction of a court.
The prize is awarded to a press office, not to an individual. It is to be used for further strengthening of quality in Communications. The presentation ceremony will be held online on April 1, 2022.
All idw member organizations are entitled to participate. Please select the one (1) press release out of your institution’s press releases published in 2021 via idw which is most convincing in terms of quality, relevance and originality. If you select an embargoed press release, please make sure the embargo’s end was in 2021. Entry deadline is February 1, 2022, 14:00 hrs CET.
Please send your submission directly via the idw system (please do not send it via e-mail), following these instructions:
1. Please log in to the idw sytem with your own password and user name.
2. Please click onto "my idw > to your menu" and then onto "press releases > press releases of own institution".
3. The idw system will now show you all the press releases your institution has ever published via idw so far. Please select the one press release from 2021 you wish to submit, and click onto the "submit to idw award" button.
4. Please add a summary (1,000 characters max., blanks included) about the media coverage your press release has had. This is optional and not a criterion of the award but rather helps us to evaluate idw.
5. Please click onto "submit now" - done.
You may change your selection subsequently up to February 1, 2022, 13:59 hrs CET. To do so, please follow the instructions above, and in step 3 click onto "withdraw submission to idw award". After that, you may select and submit another press release.
By submitting your press release, you are acknowledging the terms detailed in the invitation.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry deadline is February 1, 2022, 14:00 hrs CET.
You can combine search terms with and, or and/or not, e.g. Philo not logy.
You can use brackets to separate combinations from each other, e.g. (Philo not logy) or (Psycho and logy).
Coherent groups of words will be located as complete phrases if you put them into quotation marks, e.g. “Federal Republic of Germany”.
You can also use the advanced search without entering search terms. It will then follow the criteria you have selected (e.g. country or subject area).
If you have not selected any criteria in a given category, the entire category will be searched (e.g. all subject areas or all countries).